Sunday, November 6, 2011

Assesment Cooking Lesson




This lesson was my assessment cooking lesson and I cooked Napoleon pasta. I had been away two weeks prior tot his lesson so i had missed the practice lesson but i made up for it at home. Unfortunately because I had been away Ms Goodchild didn't have my recipe but that problem was quickly resolved with the help of Ms Goodchild and my partner Emma. As soon as i had my ingredients i boiled water in the sauce pan for the pasta and turned the fry pan on to a medium heat. I then peeled 1 brown onion and cut it and once the fry pan was ready i heated 1 tbs of olive oil and then added the onion. I started to prepare the parsley for the sauce by washing it, cutting the stalks of and cutting it into small pieces. I stirred the onion often until it had softened lightly. I had 2 garlic cloves crushed prior so i added them to the onion stirring for a minute. Once the water had boiled i added the pasta with a pinch of salt. I then stirred in the tomatoes and the tomato paste to the onions and garlic and increased the the heat to high. I left it for approximately 6 minutes stirring occasionally. Once the sauce had thickened i added the parsley and Castor sugar. Once the pasta was cooked i drained it and took the sauce of the stove. I got a bowel ready and added the pasta and sauce on top. For appearances i had saved an extra piece of parsley for the top of the meal. I had plenty of time as this meal was considered simple so i was in no rush. I served Emma the meal with a drink i had brought for her and then o started to clean up. Overall i think Emma enjoyed this meal as she loves pasta but i would've liked to add chicken to make the meal more complex but she just wanted it like that. It was a well balanced meal because of the fiber from the pasta and the vitamins from the parsley and tomatoes. Also garlic is very good for your health. I think i coked this meal well and provided my partner with a healthy balanced meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment